Sunday 21 February 2010

Don’t lose your memories


 

Very recently the hard drive on my computer failed and off it went to the computer shop. The guys seemed to think it was a basic problem and the worst case scenario would be a back up and reboot. Two days later I got the call to advise that this was not the case. The hard drive had completely failed. I had lost everything, photo's, video's, documents, everything! I was sad to think that I had lost so many recorded memories but thought there would be other photo's of events on my husband disks.

When I picked up my computer several days later I discovered that the tech guys had put in a huge effort to retrieve my photos! I was so stoked that I could have kissed them (in fact they looked a little afraid that I just might!). That night I sat down to look through the photos and videos and discovered a gold mine of memories. Many I hadn't realised that I had. One of the videos showed my eldest daughter laying on the floor with her new born sister saying "It's ok mummy, I look after baby". Not only could I have lost something so precious I would have lost it without knowing.

So the moral of the story? Go back through your old photos and videos, keep remembering. And BACK THINGS UP!

No comments:

Powered by Nicole Harry
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...