Monday 31 January 2011

The Stretchmark Experiment


So much of the research I have come across on treating and curing stretchmarks focus' on treating them externally- from the outside in- with lotions, gels, oils, scrubs, peels and laser etc. The skin is put under attack!
I want to try a different approach, not saying I won't be trying topical treatments but they will be one part of a coordinated treatment plan.
To treat my stretchmarks I will be trying to provide my body with everything that it needs to heal them. This will take some lifestyle changes for me but I think it will be worth it.
My first change will be the amount of water that I drink. Your body can not function at its peak while dehydrated and your skin is the last organ in the body to receive water. It would seem imperative that I have optimum hydration- see how much water you need to drink here- you might be surprised!
I have no doubt that my stretch marks will be stubborn to treat but I plan on taking small steps and if the worst that happens is that my skin looks great but my stretch marks stay, so be it.
Want to join me?

No comments:

Powered by Nicole Harry
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...