Wednesday 21 July 2010

lots of little piggies

We have just returned from a trip to the supermarket to get supplies for dinner. While we were down there we had a little incident, the kind I fear as a mother. As we crossed at the pedestrian crossing a large truck stopped for us, Cricket wanted to stop and watch it drive away. As it pulled past us, to my horror, I realised its cargo was hundred's of little piggies all squealing as they bumped into each other and the truck side, it was far too late to shield the little Miss from the obviously distressed pigs. She was upset, she wanted to know what was happening, why they were crying (remember she is only two) and to my relief insisted on calling her daddy to tell him. Now this is were it gets interesting, Cricket informed her daddy that the truck was full of piggies in trouble and that we would have to rescue them by turning into super heros and flying after truck. Right oh then, easy, but Miss Cricket where will we put them all? Cricket happily informs us that we will take them all home so we can eat them!!! Now, that was not what I was expecting.

Although I am relieved that Cricket didn't really understand what was happening I will admit that seeing the pigs so distressed has upset me greatly. Pork will be off the menu for a while in this house I think

No comments:

Powered by Nicole Harry
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...